Effective Date: May 25, 2018
How We Use Your Personal Information
Applicant. If you are an Applicant, when you apply for the Services, Flatiron uses the Personal Information described below for the purposes described below:
- Contact Information and Professional Information to identify you, review your application, and to contact you in order to determine whether you are eligible to enter into a contract with us;
- Contact Information for physical security when you sign in to our spaces, to respond to inquiries or troubleshooting requests that we receive from you, to deliver notifications and other operational communications, to meet our legitimate interests in maintaining security, and to update you about your application;
- Other Personal Information to improve our products and Services, and to better tailor and provide the Services, to meet our legitimate interests to provide the best service possible to our applicants;
- Other Personal Information to assess your application, such as your preferred class dates; how you plan to support yourself financially during the course; availability; why you want to code; what you hope to do upon completion of the program; how you heard about us; and data or files that you input, upload, or store with the Services in order to determine whether you are eligible to enter into a contract with us; and
- Communications to assess your application, respond to inquiries, or enhance our application process in order to determine whether you are eligible to enter into a contract with us.
Student. We use:
- Contact Information to enroll you in our Services and provide you with an access badge in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, and to respond to inquiries that we receive from you; to deliver notifications and other operational communications in order to meet our business interests to communicate effectively with; for troubleshooting; and to deliver communications about your courses, newsletters, surveys, and competitions related Access Labs, Flatiron School, WeWork, and its affiliates, in accordance with applicable law;
- Verification Information to confirm your identity upon enrollment, this helps us protect against fraud, abuse, or harm and achieve a secure environment, to meet our legitimate interests to keep our systems secure;
- Payment Information such as your credit card number and expiration date where appropriate to process a financial transaction that you have requested, to ensure that we meet our obligations to you to process your payments;
- Other Personal Information to provide you with Services, including but not limited to, (i) parking; (ii) securing our Services and preparing aggregate use statistics; (iii) connecting you with the community; (iv) social media channels, apps, and websites; (v) online and offline events; (vi) internal business purposes, such as business planning and program development; and (vii) provide you with emergency Services in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, or to meet our legitimate interests to provide the best Services possible to our Students;
- Other Personal Information to fulfill service requests, to provide the Services that you request or enrolled in through our booking and sign-in tools, to provide wifi, and to process the data, code, documents, or files that you input, upload, or store with the Services, and to fulfill search queries that you submit in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, or to meet our legitimate interests to provide the best Services possible to our Students;
- We integrate with your email calendar (Gmail or Microsoft Outlook) into our systems so that you may book conference rooms and receive meeting notifications to provide you with Services that you request;
- We also analyze the data regarding the conference rooms that you book to help us improve our Services (e.g., by offering additional conference rooms, reassigning conference space to desk space, identifying which conference rooms are preferred), to meet our legitimate interests in improving these Services; and
- Preferences, Communications and any other information that you intentionally share, send, or receive using the Services so that we can tailor your work environment to you (e.g., adjusting your desk height, cooling the room, starting the fan, etc.) and offer the beverages, snacks, and other Services that you prefer to meet our legitimate interests in providing the most relevant information to you.
Guests and Other End Users. If you are a Guest or Other End User who visits a Flatiron School or Access Labs facility in connection with the Services, we use the following Personal Information about you for the following purposes in order to meet our legitimate interests to provide a simple experience for you and the Member whom you are visiting, as described below:
- Your name and email address, provided by your host at pre-registration so that we may identify you and provide you with a badge;
- Verification Information uupon your arrival to verify your identity and the purpose of your visit and protect against fraud, abuse, or harm;
- Other Personal Information to better tailor and provide the Services, such as (i) improve our products and Services; (ii) connect you with social media channels, apps, and websites; (iii) provide you with online and offline events; and (iv) for our internal business purposes, such as business planning and program development;
- Other Personal Information depending upon the Services that you access, such as providing you with wifi, or Services that you request through our booking and sign-in tools; fulfilling search queries that you submit; and processing the documents that you upload to the Services; and
- If you are a Guest, or Other End User who visits our website, we collect Contact Information to respond to inquiries that we receive from you, to deliver notifications and other operational communications, for troubleshooting, and to deliver advertising and promotional communications. If you are an invited guest, we will automatically send you an invitation to our Platform, and, if unanswered, a one-time follow-up invitation.
Sharing of Personal Information
We also share some information with a CPA who compiles and examines our Job Reports. Our independently examined Jobs Reports are an important resource for prospective students (and others).
These include, for example, names and locations of employers from which/whom you have accepted job offers, titles/positions accepted, compensation rate accepted, start dates and potentially other job offer-related information), along with your name, to our independent auditors for purposes of preparation and examination of our Jobs Reports. Rest assured that: our auditor is subject to a non disclosure agreement prohibiting the auditor from disclosing any of your personal information; and neither your name nor any of your other personal information will appear in the Jobs Reports: All information in the reports is anonymized and aggregated.
We also share your information, with your consent, to other third parties (e.g., parties that offer you a scholarship).
Opting Out and Contacting Us
You can unsubscribe from our marketing/promotional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our emails, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact us by mail at the following address:
Flatiron School, Inc.
11 Broadway, Suite 260
New York, NY 10004