We believe that by working together, every person can have the opportunity to create their life’s work and every community can positively impact change.
If you are interested in making a commitment to hire refugees or support refugee communities, we’ll connect you with our network of partners that can advise you every step of the way. There are so many meaningful ways your company can take action to support refugees; with a hiring commitment, mentorship, language or skills training, and more.
Learn more →
Making a Difference Together
We're committed to support economic opportunities for refugees around the world - through hiring, skills training and entrepreneurship. We’re asking our network of member companies and the broader business community to join us in hiring, or offering their support, skills or networks to expand opportunities for refugees.
About the Initiative
We’re facing an international crisis. Conflict and natural disasters are displacing more people than at any time in human history. At WeWork, we believe that this is an issue that demands action. The WeWork Refugee Initiative brings together a worldwide network of companies and business leaders to harness the power of community and create a movement.
- Inspiring Success
- Beginning in early 2017, we partnered with the International Rescue Committee's New York office to create a pilot program to employ refugees in New York City.
- Expanding Opportunity
- We’re expanding our commitment to employ 1,500 refugees over the next five years, beginning in the US and UK, working with the IRC, the Tent Partnership for Refugees, Breaking Barriers, and our network of partners.
- Community Action
- We’re inviting our 50,000+ member companies and the broader business community to join us in hiring refugees or offering their support, skills or networks in other ways —working toward a collective goal of catalyzing business commitments and action.
- Upward Mobility
- We'll support refugee employees that want to grow with us by providing access to customized training, language skills, and mentorship via our partners, members, and employees.
- Global-to-Local Engagement
- Through community events, job fairs, and volunteer opportunities, we’ll provide opportunities for members and employees to engage with and take action in supporting refugees.
Number of people displaced by conflict worldwide as of 2016.
Percentage of refugees resettled by the IRC in 2016 who were economically self-sufficient within six months.
Positive financial gains refugees have contributed to the economy over the past decade.
WeWork is a movement toward a new way of working—bringing people together from all walks of life to pursue mindful, purposeful work. Our mission is to create a world where people make a life, not just a living. We believe that by working together, every person and every community can powerfully affect positive change around the world.