Through the power of community they are changing the face of men’s health. Like WeWork, Movember is a global movement connecting at a local level; one team with the same deeper sense of purpose. WeWork is joining the fight.
Growing a new type of community: What can you do during Movember?
We here at WeWork are growing a community around the globe of creators and like-minded individuals and corporations who want to work and live differently. Happier. More enriched. With purpose. Let's put that purpose to good use and galvanize our membership globally for the first time ever by raising more than a single organization ever has for Movember to date. Through the reach of WeWork's membership and employees on 5 continents around the globe, let's make an impact and challenge ourselves to see how we can use the true power of our community to give back and have some fun while doing so.
Whether it’s growing your Mo, doing a move challenge or hosting an event, there's something for everyone, no matter who you are or where you might be.
I can't grow a moustache? I'm not a dude? How do I get my company involved as a team?
Beyond growing a Mo, there's something for everyone, no matter who you are or where you might be. Movember is about bringing communities together and if the moustache isn’t for you, you can support by:
Setting yourself a Move challenge, hosting an event, spreading the word or donating.
Speak to your Community team or visit Movember to learn more.
WHAT WE WANT MEN TO KNOW AND DO
- Check in regularly with friends and family. Listening, talking and just being there for someone can be lifesaving. It’s easy to prioritize other aspects of your life, but make sure you put effort into staying connected with friends – for your benefit and theirs.
- Move. The best thing you can do for your health is to stay active. How you move is up to you. Whether it’s a work out one day, a quick jog at lunchtime the next, an hour at the ping-pong table, or an epic bike ride, no MOVE is too big or small.
- Talk about the big stuff in life. The break up of a relationship, loss of a job, financial trouble or becoming a father are big moments in a man’s life that happen to many of us. It’s important to recognize the impact of these moments and know it’s ok to talk about how you’re coping with the change. Check in with a mate you know might be going through any of these moments, make sure you ask if he’s doing ok.
- If You Notice Something. Do Something. You know your body better than anyone. If you notice something isn’t feeling right, don’t put it off and hope that it goes away, go to the doctor and get it checked out. Early detection is the most important factor in treating big issues
- Know Your Family History. Family history is one of the most powerful tools to understanding your health. Family history affects your level of risk for cancer, diabetes, heart disease and stroke, among other illnesses. It all starts with a conversation; talk to your family about illnesses or death of a direct relative.
WHY THE MOVEMBER FOUNDATION?
The Movember Foundation is the only global charity solely focused on men’s health. The Foundation raises funds to deliver innovative, breakthrough research and support programmes that enable men to live happier, healthier and longer lives. Committed to disrupting the status quo, millions have joined the movement, raising over £440m and funding over 1,200 projects focusing on prostate cancer, testicular cancer and suicide prevention.